2008年11月27日 星期四

Reaction Article #8
Date: 28-11-2008
From: Taipei Times

Obese Canadian inmate released because Big House too small



My reaction:

This article is talking about an obese prisoner who comes from Canada. He was arrested for selling drugs and was sentenced to five years in prison.

Fortunately, a judge later reduced his sentence because of the hardships for him in the prison which means that the 195kg man was claimed to have endured in the prison which was designed for smaller criminals.

I feel it is so poor for him to live in a small cell. I don’t understand why the prisoner needed to sell drugs, because it is a bad thing for people and for himself. I hope he doesn’t do it again after being released. At last, the prisoner said a sentence for the daily, ‘‘I made some mistakes and I paid for them’’ what he said is very meaningful for me.

On the other hand, people always said that too fat is not good for us. But after reading this article, I feel that too fat is not bad. Maybe sometimes it would help you like the prisoner. (180 words)

沒有留言: